Sunday 4 November 2012

Dark Eldar Diorama - Painting the Scourge Witch's wings

With the Tomb King finished I can return to painting my Dark Eldar Diorama and more specifically the wings on my custom Scourge /Witch. It's been a year since I painted the wings on the first Scourge so I've turned to my own Tutorial to make sure I follow the same technique.

I have to confess that consistency is something I've always found especially difficult. I have a very low boredom threshold and once I've painted a mini I want to move on and try something different so painting a 'flock' of Dark Eldar Scourges presents quite a challenge to me. This will be the first time I've ever painted a unit of any sort.

After a frustrating start the insides of the wings are starting to come together and need just a little refinement before I move on to the outside surfaces. I've found that I need to take my time over these, painting a little and then setting the mini aside for a while before continuing. This helps me to take a fresh look at the paint job after each pause and asses the next step.


3 comments:

  1. Nice work on this.. and appreciate the fact that it takes time and lots of patience for them as well. Something I am in short supply of so Kudos to you! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great art, I never thought the witchbecomming such a cool dark eldar! GreetzFlorian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very nice. The colors are so lifelike.

    ReplyDelete